Back to Stories

Get the best consumer help and advice

Monday, 31st July 2017

myglazing and citizens advice partnership is all about providing you with the best available advice for glass and glazing products and services. But what about non-glazing issues? And other areas of home improvement? In fact any problem you may have with a company you’ve used or are currently using?

The Citizens Advice consumer service provides free, confidential and impartial advice on all consumer issues. Their website contains lots of information on your rights when buying goods and services.

Unhappy about poor service?

If you’ve paid a person or business to do a service (non-glazing related) – for example, to give you a haircut, make you a wedding cake or provide transport – and it hasn’t been done with care and skill, you can ask them to do it again or ask for a refund. The Citizens Advice website has information on how you can do this.

How to get in touch with Citizens Advice

If you’d like more help with a consumer problem, you can contact the Citizens Advice consumer helpline (formerly known as Consumer Direct).

Their helplines offer general guidance on your rights and legal advice on all goods and services.

Help with glazing products or service

If you have any specific glass or glazing related problems, read our glazing advice. If you have a dispute with a company listed on, the GGF Conciliation Service may be able to assist.

See more: Resolving a dispute

man on tiled roof installing window

Read This Next:

Thousands seek advice on botched home improvements

Friday, 1st September 2017

If you need help with a non-glazing related consumer problem, Citizens Advice provides free and impartial advice.

Read More